Here is the first in an excellent series on eggs from Chrissy Camba, very much worth having a scroll through.
In regards to my last post, Eggs, I wanted to go through the methods of cooking eggs. First off, OUT of shell: Fried Egg.
- 1 large egg (I like farm eggs. I like talking to the farmers, going to the farms and seeing where the chicken is hanging out.)
- oil (It doesn’t matter what kind. I use olive oil.)
- non-stick pan (The smaller the better. You’ll use less oil that way.)
- Place enough oil in the non-stick pan to have a thin layer of oil that covers the entirety of the bottom. Get the oil nearly smoking hot.
- Crack your egg into the center of the pan. There will be splattering of oil so be careful!
- Once the edges have become crispy and golden with the whites bubbly and poofy, salt your egg. I use a fish spatula to take the egg out of the oil.
View original post 29 more words